Naming zones include the “.ma” main extension. They also include descriptive extensions or sub-extensions in the “.ma” domain.
These descriptive extensions are intended to describe an activity or a particular title. They fall into the following categories:
- net.ma for Internet registrars;
- ac.ma for academies and schools authorized by the competent authorities;
- org.ma for organizations and associations;
- gov.ma for government agencies;
- press.ma for press agencies authorized by the competent authorities;
- co.ma for commercial organizations.
The descriptive extensions “.gov.ma”, “.ac.ma” and “.press.ma” are restrictive. They require proof of your right (as applicant) on the domain names under these restrictive extensions, and this by completing the domain name registration application form “.ma” requiring a prior examination by ANRT.