Naming zones include the « .ma » main extension. They also include descriptive extensions or sub-extensions in the « .ma » domain.
These descriptive extensions are intended to describe an activity or a particular title. They fall into the following categories:
- net.ma for Internet registrars;
- ac.ma for academies and schools authorized by the competent authorities;
- org.ma for organizations and associations;
- gov.ma for government agencies;
- press.ma for press agencies authorized by the competent authorities;
- co.ma for commercial organizations.
The descriptive extensions « .gov.ma », « .ac.ma » and « .press.ma » are restrictive. They require proof of your right (as applicant) on the domain names under these restrictive extensions, and this by completing the domain name registration application form « .ma » requiring a prior examination by ANRT.